Wardrobe Renos by Kay: Blog and Business

Friday 6 December 2013

Christmas Party Wear


If you're like me, when I start planning my Christmas party outfits I tend to want to dust off my little black dress or a sparkly red blouse from my closet.  However, I want to show you that you can create a christmassy party outfit using non-christmassy colours.The pink blouse and brown pants below are tangible examples from my own closet. Let’s look at the styling guidelines that specifically apply to this outfit:

LESS THAN 4 COLOURS: 
For this outfit we have three colours: browns, beiges/golds and pink.


METALLICS:
I would typically wear this blouse and pants for work, but add in some gold accessories and you have created a classic christmassy outfit. As you create your outfits choose one metallic colour for your accessories, either silver, pewter or gold. Another option is to use clear crystals which are usually accompanied by either silver, pewter or gold. Add in these accessories using as little or as much as you're comfortable with. 


ADD VARIOUS TEXTURES:
In addition to wearing metallic coloured accessories I have added in various soft and striking textures that create an elegant christmassy effect.
      Shimmery Pearls: Earrings, necklace & bangles
      Patent: Purse & shoes
      Fur: Stole
      Pashmina: Scarf
      Note: Either the scarf or stole could be worn. I have shown both options.

I have detailed the sources for all of the accessories below. The pashmina scarf is the only one sourced from an international website. Check out the Favourite Accessory Boutique in Waterloo, Ontario. They have a super selection of solid coloured scarves & pashminas in their store.  All other items can be purchased from these Canadian retailers' stores or websites. 


Blouse (Anne Klein)
Pants (Next)
Pashmina/silk Wrap - thepashminastore.com
Faux fur two tone scarf  - Le Chateau
Cezanne euro wire earrings - The Bay
Cezanne 3 row Pearl twist necklace -The Bay
Cezanne multi-stretch pearl bracelet - The Bay
Bellezza evening bag clutch - The Bay
Town Shoes strap taper shoes - Shoe Company



0 comments:

Post a Comment